Frequently asked Questions
How do I use Bio Compost ASSEA® in Pots/Planters/Planters?
For potted plants, mix 1/3 Bio Compost ASSEA ® with 2/3 soil or in a 1:1 ratio. For the maintenance of the already planted pots, we place a quantity of ASSEA ® Biological Compost 2-3 cm thick around the perimeter of the plant stem 2 to 3 times a year
How do I use Bio Compost ASSEA® in Horticulture/Vegetables?
For planting of vegetables in a pot/planter (Tomatoes / Cucumbers / Peppers), mix with the shovel 3-5 lt (eg the small package of 5 lt.) Bio Compost ASSEA ® with soil in a ratio of 1:1 (one part comcpost one soil).
When planting in a field or field (Lettuce / Onions / Celery / Parsley / Greens), we spread 100 lt of Bio Compost ASSEA ® on a surface of 10 sq.m. and, using a rake, mix the soil with the fertilizer lightly so that it is spread evenly. Then, we plant the new seedlings at a distance of 10-15 cm between them or sow.
For linear application and light integration in the field before planting or sowing (15-20 days before), we apply a minimum of 1000 lt (2/3 of the mega bag) per acre.
For complete integration over the entire surface of the field before planting or sowing (15-20 days before), we apply a minimum of 1750 lt (1 megabag of 1 t.) per hectare.
For the maintenance and healthy development of already planted vegetables, we apply Bio Compost ASSEA ® superficially around each shoot or over the entire surface of the planting line two months after planting/sowing.
How do I use Bio Compost ASSEA® on Olive Trees?
For the planting of new olive trees, we open planting pits 40cmx40cm, add 100 lt (2 bags) Bio Compost ASSEA ® to the bottom of each planting pit. We continue by adding Bio Compost ASSEA ® and soil alternately, for every 2 shovelfuls of soil we add 1 shovelful of fertilizer.
For the maintenance of trees up to 10 years old apply around the tree trunk 50 lt (1 bag) Bio Compost ASSEA ® every 2nd-3rd year.
For the maintenance of adult trees (over 10 years old) apply 100 lt (2 bags) Bio Compost ASSEA ® around the tree trunk every 2nd-3rd year.
How do I use Bio Compost ASSEA® on Trees?
Generally for Tree crops, apple, stone fruit, citrus, figs, etc. fruit trees. we apply an amount of 10-20 tons of fresh material per hectare, every 3 years.
For planting new citrus or fruit trees, add an amount of Bio Compost ASSEA ® equal to 3 shovelfuls to the bottom of the planting pit. We continue by adding Bio Compost ASSEA ® and soil alternately, for every 2 shovelfuls of soil we add 1 shovelful of fertilizer.
For the maintenance of trees up to 10 years old we apply 20 lt Bio Compost ASSEA ® around the tree trunk every 2nd year.
For the maintenance of adult trees (over 10 years old) we apply 40 lt Bio Compost ASSEA ® around the trunk of the tree every 2nd year.
How do I use Bio Compost ASSEA® on Vine Trees?
Generally for Vines, we apply an amount of 10-25 tons of fresh material per hectare (heavy soils) or 10 tons of fresh material per hectare (light soils), every 3-4 years. In case of sloping lands, higher doses are recommended, 20-30 tons of fresh material per hectare. The recommended application time is the period between harvest and the start of vegetation.
For the establishment of a new vineyard mix 2 lt of soil with 2 lt of Bio Compost ASSEA ® in each planting pit during installation before planting.
For the maintenance of already planted vineyards we apply 12 lt of Bio Compost ASSEA ® on the surface around the perimeter of each plant.
For fertilization linearly on the stubbles we apply 500 kg (half a mega bag) per hectare per year.
How do I use Bio Compost ASSEA® on Lawns?
When installing the new turf (ready or seeded), we apply 2500 lt (50 50lt bags) of Bio Compost ASSEA ® per acre.
For the maintenance of already established turf, we spread 5 lt (small bag or 10 handfuls) of Bio Compost ASSEA ® per m2 from 1 to 2 times a year.
How do I use Bio Compost ASSEA® in Seeds & Nurseries?
For sowing Bio Compost ASSEA ® is used as an excellent mixing material for all rooting substrates. It is recommended to mix: 1 part Bio Compost ASSEA ® with 3 parts river sand and the addition of nitrogen during planting. We keep the humidity slightly for 15-30 days after sowing or planting the plants.
How do I use Bio Soil ASSEA® for planting/transplanting in a new pot or planter?
- Put two (2) inches of gravel (or pieces of an old broken pot) at the base of the new pot for drainage.
- Add topsoil up to the middle.
- We turn the pots with the plant upside down and lightly tap the bottom so that the "ball" of soil from the pot gently falls into our hands.
- If there are rotten roots sticking out, remove them with scissors.
- Place the plant in the new pot, fill with Bio Soil ASSEA ® plant soil, press lightly with your fingers near the plant and water.
- Finally, on the surface, if desired, add a two (2) cm layer of Bio Compost ASSEA ® around the plant.
How do I use Bio Soil ASSEA® for sowing in a pot, planter or flower bed?
- Put two (2) fingers of gravel (or pieces of an old broken pot) at the base of the container for drainage.
- We fill the container in a 1:1 ratio, i.e. 1 part Bio Soil ASSEA ® topsoil, to 1 part river sand (optional when sowing in combination with limited use of water-soluble organic nitrogen).
- Lightly press the topsoil with a board.
- Sow the seeds by hand evenly. The number of seeds depends on the size of the pot or planter and on the type of plant, which needs its space when it grows.
- Cover the seeds with topsoil about 1 cm thick, press lightly with a board and water.
- We keep the soil fresh by watering lightly at first and daily in a slightly warm environment.
- As soon as the new plants sprout, if necessary, we thin out, pulling them slightly.